Big Island Volcano Adventure Tour
Duration: Full Day
Location: Big Island
Big Island Volcano Adventure Tour ~The Ultimate Experience
Discover the source of Hawaii Island’s creation at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park! Explore cascading waterfalls, craters, and the tsunami-stricken city of Hilo on this comprehensive volcano adventure tour. Bear witness to the 2018 eruption that drastically altered the island’s landscape. Peer into the depths of Halemaumau Crater which has remarkably doubled in size and watch steam clouds form as ground water seeps onto hot volcanic rock at the famous Steam Vents.
Enjoy an included picnic lunch. Marvel at not one by two spectacular waterfalls – Rainbow and Akaka Falls. Gaze at sweeping coastal views at Kealakomo Overlook where older lava flows melted into the ocean. Drive down scenic Chain of Craters Road.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Halema’uma’u Crater – viewed from Volcano House; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents – ground water seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Kilauea Iki Overlook – smaller pit crater next to main Kilauea caldera
- Chain of Craters Road – scenic drive; sections covered by lava in 2018 Kilauea eruption
- Kealakomo Overlook – sweeping coastal views, expansive view of lava fields
- Devastation Trail – stroll down a paved path to see the evidence of the 1959 Kilauea eruption
- Rainbow Falls – waterfall cascades to a pool below, rainbows magically form in the mist
- Akaka Falls – Set in a rainforest filled with bamboo groves, orchids and hanging ferns Akaka Falls is a must see.
- Hilo Town – Including Banyan Drive, Richardson’s Black Sand Beach & Liliuokalani Gardens
Departure & Return Location:
- Round-trip hotel transportation is included from convenient locations in Hilo.
- If your hotel or the place you are staying is not listed, we will pick you up at the closest location.
- Tour departs the first pickup location at 7:45 AM and returns at approximately 7:00 PM.
- Wednesdays & Fridays only
- 72 hour notice of cancellation is required for a refund.
- There are no timeshare visits required to enjoy our discounts!
- Call 1-866-897-1637 for additional discounts available for large groups!